WHAT ARE COOKIES?
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- Analytical – We use analytical/performance cookies to help us understand how users engage with our website. An example is counting the number of visitors and seeing how many visitors move around our platform when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, ensuring that users, such as yourself, find what you are looking for easily.
- Performance – These cookies are necessary to enable the basic features of this site to function, some of these features include but are not limited to providing secure log-in or remembering your search history. These cookies are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Targeting activities– Targeting cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Third-Party Cookies - We use the following third-party services for analytics, advertising and marketing, we suggest that you take a look at the privacy and data policies of these platforms to help you know how they use your data. These platforms include but are not limited to Alexa.com; Google Analytics; Google Adsense.
- We do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals that can be activated on certain browsers.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through email or any other choice of communications as set by you.
ENABLE AND DISABLE COOKIES.
- You can always manage your cookies and tracking. You can do this through the settings in your browser. You can set your browser to inform you on accepting or rejecting cookies on a website you visit. If you use different devices in different locations to access our platform, you should make sure that these devices are set to your preferences before accessing our platform.
- If you have previously consented to us storing cookies on your machine but then change your mind, you can delete the cookies from your browser. Most browsers also allow you to prevent all or some cookies being stored on your machine in the future. For adequate and accurate information on how to delete or disable cookies from your browser, please use the “help” function within your browser. If you only want to reject some or all of the third-party cookies, you will need to visit the relevant third party’s website directly to manage cookies stored on your machine by them.
- Please be informed that disabling cookies may affect the functionality and accessibility of some pages on our website/platform.
- We can’t always control third party cookies stored on your machine from our website, setting your cookie preferences with us will not stop those third-party cookies from being stored on your machine. You must manage these cookies directly with the relevant third party. We suggest that you take a look at the privacy and data policies of these third parties to help you know how they use your data.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding Namsû’s policy or our attitude to the protection of your information. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our live chat team that can be reached here. You can also contact us through our registered address which is 85 Great Portland Street, London, W1W7LT, United Kingdom.
return to self